Sunday, April 27, 2014

LIVE THE LIST

Dec 28, 2103 (delayed post!)

I turned 48 a week and a half ago.  2 years until 50.  I want to develop a "bucket list" so to speak, or a 50 fabulous things to do by 50.  I'm giving myself 2 years to complete this list.

I realize that my entire life has been on hold for that time when nothing else takes priority.  When I have no other responsibilities or deadlines.  One thing I had to realize - I will ALWAYS have deadlines.  I will ALWAYS have something else that needs to be done before tending to my own needs. There will always be a reason, story or excuse for not leaping into the vast unknown, empty handed blindfolded with nothing but faith for wings.  Starting now, today I will find TIME.

Time for me.

Time for health

Time for Fitness

Time for adventure.

A bucket list shouldn't have an expiration date other than, well, the "end". We should all live each day as if it was our only opportunity to experience whatever comes our way.  "Live the List" so to speak.  I have definitely spent a lot of time talking about all the things I want to do in my life, but very little time putting action behind those words.  I hold back and yet I have no idea, like anyone else, how many days I have left.  Ron didn't know that early evening on June 14th that the laughter, conversation and sunset - would be his last.  He left this earth with dreams of places he wanted to see, things he wanted to do and we were going to do them together.  Italy was on our "list" for July - and it never happened.  Now that I have spent 18+ months licking my wounds and tip-toeing into my New Normal, it's time to get real about living my own list and make it reality.  Have you thought about how your list would look? 

Here is the list of what I want to do/experience today, tomorrow or somewhere along the way.  Some of it I want to do by 50, some can wait a bit. The date of my 50th is 12/18/2015,  but since I intend to hang around a long time after that - I will leave this list open, a work in progress much like me. This list is not in any particular order - and will not be complete any time soon so come back and check to see what else gets added!
The list is growing!!!!

1. Get my Master's in Nursing (by 51) - in progress  DONE 9/2017
2. Be at a healthy weight and fit - in progress
3. Practice Yoga daily
4. Run a half marathon (scheduled for May 1th 2015 - Disney 1/2~!)
5.  Learn to paddle board
6. Get scuba certified again (finally)
7. Go on a photo safari/expedition
8. Visit Camus Cognac in France - Done! July 2016
9. Drink a pint of Guinness in a pub in Galway, Ireland - Done! July 2016
10. Sip Ouzo on the shores of the Aegean Sea
11. Take a cooking class in Tuscany
12. See a Broadway show - DONE! 6/10/14
13. Ride a camel in Egypt
14. Learn how to use my SLR camera better
15.Write a book, or two, or three!
16. Zipline through a rainforest
17.Take a belly dancing class
18. Buy a home in Washington, Puget Sound. DONE!  1/31/15
19.Learn to Quilt!  Done!  2/15/15

More to come! 

No comments: